hdpe pipe and fittings
HDPE Pipe & Fittings
High density polyethylene (often called alkathene or polythene) has been used since the early 1960s. It is suitable for both potable water and wastewater services but it can only be used for cold water supply.
It is the most commonly used plastic pipe for supplying the mains water to a dwelling. HDPE Pipes and Fitting or also known as Poly pipes are used in various Industries and application notably for plumbing and waterworks. The versatility of HDPE Pipes and Fittings are the main factor for its popularity and trust among plumbers and builders.
Some of the advantages of HDPE Pipes and Fittings are :-
- HDPE Pipes and Fittings are Durable - HDPE have corrosion resistance properties to most chemicals and corrosion. HDPE also have higher impact strength thanks to it's polyethylene resins.
- HDPE Pipes and Fittings are Flexible - HDPE are perfect for various terrain especially for Mining, Irrigation, & Sewerage applications as it provide good conformity to most terrain types.
- HDPE Pipes eliminate Water Hammer - HDPE Pipes can withstand higher transient pressure than conventional pipes as the PE Resins have greater elasticity than other types of pipes.
- HDPE Fittings have various Jointing types - There are various method to joint the HDPE Pipes and Fittings such as Push-Fit, Socket Fusion, Butt-Fusion and Electrofusion. The weld types of jointing are 100% leak free as the PE Resins are fully welded and commonly used in Higher Pressure usage while the Push-Fit type of jointing are commonly used in normal irrigation such as farm and garden.
- HDPE Fittings have Longer lifespan - Under a proper usage and installation, HDPE boast a lifespan of over 50 years.
HDPE Pipes and Fitting do not wear, rot or rust, and are a dependable and affordable material for potable-water piping, Irri. There are different types of PE Resins and the most common one is known as PE80 and PE100. There are also different type of Nominal Pressure or PN rating for HDPE Pipe and fitting ranging from PN6, PN8, PN10, PN12.5 and PN16 which suited for each Pressure rating requirement on such applications.
HDPE Pipe and Fitting Application
There are various application, services, industries and usage of HDPE pipes and Fittings.
HDPE Pipe Usage in Waterworks
The main usage for HDPE Pipe and Fitting is waterworks pipeline. The range dimension and low cost for material and installation have made HDPE piping as the suitable option for plumbers to choose HDPE piping system to be installed in both residential and commercial waterworks application.
HDPE Pipe in Mining
HDPE Pipe also is the main choice for Mining industries as the flexibility and endurance of HDPE pipe is suitable for the high pressure and flexible application in Mining field. The larger size availability for HDPE Pipe as large as 600MM is also the main criteria for increasing usage of HDPE pipe as an alternative to be compared to much expensive steel pipe in mining industries.
HDPE Pipe in Irrigation
The versatility of HDPE Pipe with the great resistance of outdoor and above ground installation also is great within farm irrigation application. HDPE subsoil pipes and fittings are often used in irrigation works for farm and garden pipeworks in both solid and corrugated wall option.
HDPE Pipe in Sewerage System
HDPE Corrugated Sewerage Pipe are often used in the sewerage system for both commercial and residential.
HDPE Application in Oil and Gas
HDPE Electrofusion and Butt-Fusion Fitting can be installed in complicated and hard situation and setting thus HDPE pipe and fitting are often used in Oil and Gas industries. The leakproof jointing of Electrofusion and Butt Fusion ensures no leakage within the application works.
HDPE Pipe and Fitting usage in Mining, Irrigation, Water Supply, Sewerage and Pipeline
HDPE General Properties
Table below illustrate the Common HDPE Properties but Manufacturers may uses differents compounds and resins in their production so the Properties for HDPE between Manufacturers may varies.
|Intensity ISO1183||0.95 gr/cm3|
|Modulus of Elasticity||11216 Kg/cm2|
|Tensile Stress||255 Kg/cm2|
|Elongation @ Break||>600%|
|Flamibility DIN 4102||B2|
|Thermal Conductivity||0.4 W/m°C|
|Specific Volume Resistance||>1016 Ohm.cm|
HDPE Pipe and Fitting have been a leading choice for tubing and pipelines application due to it's Versatility, Cost effecient, Durability and High Performances. There are three main group for Poly Ethylene Pipe i.e Low Density PE or LDPE, Medium Density PE or MDPE and High Density PE or HDPE. The commonly used in Malysia market is HDPE as the performance for HDPE is higher than the other two and the option for the Pipe's wall thickness can be selected from their PN rating.
Some of the High Density Polyethylene HDPE Poly Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
BUTELINE PE FITTING FOR COLD WATER
Buteline has developed an extensive range of quality fittings for Polybutene-1 and Polyethylene pipes. Buteline fittings are moulded from thermoplastic and fitted with an annealed protective aluminium alloy sleeve, attached during manufacture, to provide a unique metal reinforced joint. This is where Buteline’s design stands out, the fitting design overcomes high stresses, experienced in installation and service on the tail section of the fitting, by transferring all loads applied through the pipework to the thicker body of the fitting, minimising any risk of failure. During on-site installation of the fitting, the metal sleeve ensures the correct clamping position away from the end of the pipe which maximises resistance to pull out. The Buteline Group has produced millions of these thermoplastic fittings and after many years of service, they continue to work successfully.
The advantages of using Buteline PE Pipe Fitting :-
- Manufactured from modern high-performance polymers.
- Buteline Fittings are Lightweight and user-friendly.
- Able to provide metal-free contact with water supply.
- Corrosion resistant, no scale build-up.
- One piece design, no additional parts.
- Provides a visual indicator of joint completion.
- Proven high and low temperature pressure.
- Time proven leak-proof joint
Quick Links :-
AWT HDPE ELECTROFUSION PIPE AND FITTINGS
Fusion Group Limited have been a pioneer for Polyethylene pipe jointing in the UK and accross the globe for many years. AWT Fusion design and manufacturers HDPE Electrofusion fittings, creates polyethylene fabrications, and distributes electrofusion boxes, automatic butt fusion machines and tooling. AWT Fusion also offers an extensive range of spigots fittings. AWT Fusion's product have been used in multitude of applications worldwide, ranging from Gas and Water infrastructure, Mining, Energy and Agriculture projects. AWT Fusion has extensive manufacturing, test and inspection facilities and have integrated lean principle of continuous improvement within its manufacturing culture. AWT Fusion is much more than manufacturing, it has world class facilities which give confidence to end product which is fully traceable; right down to its core components.
The advantages of using AWT HDPE Pipe Fitting :-
- AWT Hdpe Electrofusion Fittings are comply with ISO9001, ISO/TS 29001 and multinational approvals including SPAN from Malaysia.
- AWT Electrofusion Fittings are regularly audited for its durability and safety standards by various institution such as Bureau Veritas, AMI, KIWA, BSI, DVGW, INSTA-CERT and Others.
- All AWT Fusion electrofusion fitting are equipped with Fusamatic Pin, which invented to automatically identify correct fusion time for each joint thus provide fast and accurate joiting.
- AWT Hdpe Electrofusion Fittings are equipped with an Unique indicator Lugs that will come out during electrofusion jointing process which indicates the necessary jointing pressure.
- AWT Electrofusion Fitting are permanently marked with unique batch number and individual QR code which enable full-tracibiIity for each fittings.
Quick Links :-
- AWT HDPE Electrofusion Fittings
- AWT HDPE Electrofusion Malaysia General Catalog
- AWT HDPE Electrofusion Project References Malaysia
AWT HDPE SPIGOT FITTINGS
All Fusamatic HDPE spigots are manufactured from PE100 virgin Polyethylene (PE) supplied by recognised international market leaders such as Borealis and Ineos. All materials comply with the requirements of relevant standards including EN 12201 for drainage, sewerage and potable water and EN 1555 for gas. The recommended temperature range for Fusamatic HDPE spigots is -10°C to 40°C. Fusamatic HDPE spigots are subjected to continuous testing and control from the start until the end of production process. Testing is accordance to the requiste British, European and Australian Standard. Further testing also undertaken to ensure product acceptance on a global basis.
Fusamatic HDPE Spigots are an integral part of Polyethylene pipe system around the world. They have been used in diverse applications such as :-
- Potable water mains, service pipes and house connections.
- Gas transmission, distribution and house connections.
- Wastewater piping system including sewerage.
- Rainwater and grey water collection.
- Syphonic roof drainage.
- Trenchless pipeline technique including directional drilling.
- Pumped slurry systems in mines and quarries.
- Ducting for electrical, telecommunications and fibre optic cabling including subsea.
- Open water and marine fish cages.
- Industrial applications including process pipework and compressed air networks.
- Agriculture irrigation system.
Quick Links :-
FISH HDPE POLY COMPRESSION FITTINGS
Norma Fish Poly PP Compression fittings are specially designed to connect PE piping system for potable and irrigation application. It makes the pipe jointing much easier with Push-Fit working principle supported with physical pipe stopper and Anti-Twist wedge. Fish Poly Compression Fittings is manufactured according to international standard BS5114, ISO7 and AS4020.
FISH PP Poly Compression Fitting Characteristic :-
- Push-Fit working principle (Disassembly is not required).
- Quick assembly for fast and safe connections.
- Durable, high impact engineered materials.
- Pipe backstop prevents over insertion.
- Built-in anti pipe rotation wedge.
- UV Resistant material.
- Meets with international standards (ISO/BS/ASNZ/MS/DIN).
- Suitable for potable and irrigation water applications.
- Comprehensive range and sizes up to 110mm (75mm, 90mm & 110mm approved to PN12.5)
Quick Links :-
HANSEN HDPE POLY COMPRESSION FITTINGS
HANSEN HDPE Compression Fitting is approved by Water Supply (Water Quality) Regulations 1989 & Water Regulation Advisory Committee (WRAS) of UK for its use in potable water, this material is superior to existing materials being used in term of strength and ability to withstand heat. The fittings are designed and comply to Sirim 11:2017 standard. Hansen HDPE Compression Fittings together with HDPE Poly pipe provide an unsurpassable potable water system in terms of quality and application. These sleek fittings are slim enough to be buried in walls and are able to withstand very high pressure.
The Test undergone by Hansen HDPE Poly Compression Fitting :-
- Resistance to pull out of assembled joint - The jointed fittings are appliead a constant tension for 1 hour and complies with ISO 3501.
- Hydrostatic Pressure Test - The fitting body shall withstand without leakage for 1 hour an internal pressure of 4 times its maximum sustained working pressure of 64 Bar. The fitting joint with HDPE Pipe shall withstand without leakage for 1 Hour an internal positive pressure of 24 Bar, 1.5 Times its maximum sustained working pressure.
- Hydrostatic requirement when subjected to Bending Stress - When the assembly is bent to a radius of 20 times the diameter of the pipe, the jointed assembly shall withstand for 1 Hour without leakage an internal positive pressure of 24 Bar.
- External Pressure requirement - The jointed assembly shall withstand for 1 Hour without leakage, a pressure of 0.80 Bar above atmospheric pressure.
- Effect on Water - Complies to MS1583; supply of water intended for human consumption.
- Opacity - The wall of Poly Fitting shall not transmit more than 0.2% of the visible light falling on it.
Quick Links :-
SANSICO HDPE ELECTRO FUSION FITTINGS
Sansico HDPE Electrofusion fittings system is specifically designed for reliable, high performance jointing and long service life fitting for Polyethylene or HDPE piping system. The automated jointing system has been proven to be the most economical as it eliminates the potential Human-Error during installation process. Sansico Electrofusion offer high quality tools and micro processor electrofusion machines, which when combined with Sansico HDPE Electrofusion fitting offer state-of-the-art high performance pipe jointing solutions. The intelligent electrofusion machine is able to ensure quality control by data retrieval of measurement and records. This, together with our SIRIM Certified and SPAN Approved BS EN 12201-3 HDPE Electrofusion fittings will assure you of a 50 Years life span for your potable water needs. Our fittings complied to BS EN 12201-3 and are PN16 rated. The Sansico HDPE Electrofusion Fittings system comes in sizes from 20mm to 315mm and is manufactured using PE100 materials. The Benefits of Sansico HDPE Electrofusion fittings for potable water systems includes low installation cost, non toxicity, corrosion resistance, high flow capacity and longer life span. Material wise, HDPE has always been superior as compared to other plastic based material for piping system in relation to water hammer problems.
Sansico HDPE Electrofusion Fitting Features & Advantages :-
- Material : PE100
- Sansico HDPE Electrofusion Fitting Size ranging from 20MM until 315MM
- Sansico HDPE Electrofusion Pressure rating is PN16 Bar or SDR11
- Standard is comply with BS EN 12201-3:2003
- Non-Toxic : Sansico Electrofusion fitting have no heavy metal additives, and the jointing with proper installation will not be covered with under thus not be contaminated by bacterium.
- Corrosion Resistance : Sansico HDPE Fitting resist checmical matters and electron chemical corrosion.
- Low Installation Cost : Sansico Electrofusion system are lightweight and are easy to install thus reduces the installation and overall labor cost.
- High Flow Capacity : HDPE smooth interior walls resulting in low pressure loss and high volume of flow capacity.
- Longevity : HDPE Boast of more than 50 Years of usage under proper usage and installation.
Quick Links :-
GF ELGEF HDPE ELECTRO FUSION FITTINGS
ELGEF Plus Electrofusion Couplers join all PE pressure pipes and spigot fittings quickly and reliably. ELGEF Plus electrofusion couplers are available in the size range from d20 to d1200 mm. Couplers are grouped into various size ranges. In this way, individual dimension requirements are fully satisfied. In the smaller sizes a coupler is available which especially fulfills service line conditions. Couplers up to d63 mm can be easily matched with all GF threaded transition adapters. The advantages of using electrofusion fittings are offered up to d250 mm. From the wrapping directly onto the prepared pipe end. One fitting, one joint and the direction can be reset. On-site cleaning becomes unnecessary due to the care and attention taken during manufacture and the sealed packaging used for all fittings. A complete installation in the sizes between d20 and d63 mm can be easily pre-assembled without any difficulty using the integrated pipe fixation. The jointing procedure is completed when everything is in its final position. The threaded adapters are screwed into position and then the direction is chosen using the fitting. This is a crucial advantage in difficult conditions.
The advantages OF ELGEF Plus Electrofusion Fitting:-
- Easy assembly due to the tapered socket mouth
- Each GF electrofusion socket has a smooth inside surface with a protected resistance wire permitting a thorough and simple removal of possible on-site contamination
- The dynamic pitch of the heating coil results in optimum joint quality
- Clear identification with large and easily understandable product marking large and effective fusion area for your safety
- Ideal gap closing characteristics for reliable PE large pipe joints
- Integrated pipe fixation up to d63 mm for fast and safe jointing
- Removable centre stop up to d160 mm – a coupler for all applications
Quick Links :-
CEW SIN HDPE POLY PIPE PE80 / PE100
Cew Sin HDPE pipes for water supply, HDPE for sewerage, & drainage application, poly Sub-duct for telecommunication & Electrical Cabling. HDPE material exhibits a lot of advantages over traditional materials for pressure pipe applications. The pipes are easy to install, light, flexible, corrosion free and can be easily welded by Butt fusion or Electrofusion couplers to ensure a totally leak free network. They are classified and tested according to MS 1058: Part2: 2005 and ISO 4427 for drinking water application. Creep resistance and long term strength, through the MRS classification as defined in ISO 9080. Stress cracking resistance, critical property to avoid initiation and propagation of cracks due to scratches during installation or point loading. Rapid crack propagation resistance to avoid bursting due to sudden break caused by an external stress.
Cew Sin HDPE Pipe features :-
- HDPE generally resistant to most of acids, bases, Pipes are smooth internal surface, wear and abrasion.
- Termite proof, inert to chemicals and UV resistant.
- Moisture proof, flexible. no corrosion, lightweight and durable compared to other plastic piping system.
- Tough & strong, impact resistant
- Weather resistance, HDPE is suitable for Electrical insulation piping
- Cew sin polypipe are classified and tested according to MS 1058: Part 2 : 2005 & ISO 4427 together with MRS Classification as per ISO 9080
Quick Links :-
SPIROLITE HDPE POLY PIPE PE80 / PE100
Spirolite is one of the leading High Density Polyethylene (HDPE) pipe and tank manufacturers in Malaysia. Spirolite products range include Spirolite HDPE Pipe, Spirolite HDPE Spiral Tank, Spirolite HDPE Spiral Pipe, Spirolite Ribflo HDPE Corrugated Subsoil Drainage Pipe, Spirolite SPI HDPE Corrugated Subduct, Spirolite HDPE Flap Gate, Spirolite TNB Red Pipe and Spirolite Telecom Black Pipe for various application, including water pipeline, gas pipeline, chemical pipeline, sewerage pipeline, flood and river management, storm water management and cable pipeline solution. Spirolite HDPE pipe and fitting is certified by Standards and Industrial Research Institute of Malaysia (SIRIM) and Suruhanjaya Perkhidmatan Air Negara (SPAN). Spirolite produce HDPE pipe ranging from 20mm to 630mm outer diameter (OD) suitable for portable water pipeline and irrigation that widely accepted and recognized in terms of its quality and reliability performance. Spirolite’s major customers include state water-works authorities, infrastructure authorities, Department of Irrigation and Drainage (DID), sewerage contractors, infrastructure contractors, telecommunication service providers, housing developers and hardware wholesales dealers. Spirolite’s products are exported to Singapore, Brunei, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Philippines, Sri Lanka and etc
Standard testing for Poly pipe system :-
- A test pressure of 1.5 times the working pressure, or such lower pressure as mayb be required shall be applied to the section under test.
- The test section should then be allowed to stand without make up pressure
- At the end of the first hour, the noted pressure is allowed to drop to 1.3 times working pressure and pumped up again to 1.5 times.
- When the test pressure is attained, the pump is stopped and the rate of pressure drop is recorded. The pressure in the HDPE pipeline shall be maintained until the entire section has been inspected.
- The section is deemed to have passed the test if no leakage occurs at the weld and the average rate of pressure drop during the 2 hours period doesn not exceed 10 percent of the test pressure.
Quick Links :-
Other Pipe & Fitting Materials :
• HDPE Pipe & Fittings • PPR Pipe & Fittings • Stainless Steel Pipe & Fittings • MSCL Pipe & Fittings • Galvanized Iron (GI) Pipe & Fittings • ABS Pipe & Fittings • Ductile Iron Pipe & Fittings • PVC Pipe & Fittings • UPVC Pipe & Fittings • Copper Pipe & Fittings •