pipe and fitting materials
Pipe & Fitting : Type of Materials
Pipe and Fittings are used in vast field of application with different and unique requirement. Therefore, they are manufactured with different materials for different usages for instances, UPVC, PVC, PPR, PB, HDPE, Stainless Steel, Copper, MSCL, Galvanized Iron, ABS & More.
The Materials used to manufacture the pipe and fittings are crucial for each application and usage.
- This is the most common type of material to manufacture pipe and fittings because of it's versatility and performances. HDPE is a compound created from petroleum essence and is known as it is rugged exterior, flexible yet very durable with very good chemical and enviromental stress resistances.
- The outstanding physical and performance benefits of HDPE pipe make it the perfect choice for your piping systems.
Some of the HDPE Pipe & Fitting Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
2. Poly Propylene (PPR / PP) Pipe & Fitting
- Polypropylene or Polypropene PPR/PP Pipe & Fitting is a thermoplastic polymer and usually in white / greyish colour.
- The excellent resistance to corrosion, chemical leaching and resilience against most damages and stress like impact and freezing, Enviromental friendly and it's ability to be homogenously jointed using Heat Fusion is some of the reason for most Engineer chose this material for their piping solution.
Some of the PPR Pipe & Fitting Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
3. Stainless Steel (SS) Pipe & Fitting
- Stainless Steel Pipe and Fitting are made from Stainless Steel or also know as Inox Steel or Inox, the steel alloy with minimum 10.5% Chromium content by mass.
- Notable for their corrosion resistance, Stainless Steel have long been used in Plumbing, Potable and Waste Water Treatment.
- The Types 304 and 316 Stainless Steel are standard materials to manufacture Stainless Steel Pipe & Fittings.
Some of the Stainless Steel Pipe & Fitting Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
4. Mild Steel Cement Lining (MSCL) Pipe
- Mild Steel Cement Lining Pipe or MSCL Pipe is made by coating the internal section of the pipe with mortar like compound which acts as barrier between Carbon Steel Pipe & the Process.
- MSCL Pipe & Fitting is usually used in transmission of potable water & Sewage application.
- It is also used when the process fluid have high probability to corrode regular carbon steel Pipe.
Some of the MSCL Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
- LBH MSCL Pipe & Fitting
- Pau Tatt Water Pipe MSCL Pipe & Fitting
- All Pipe Technology MSCL Pipe & Fitting
5. Galvanized Malleable Iron (GI) Pipe & Fitting
- Galvanized Malleable Iron or better know as GI Pipe and Fitting is the type of iron coated with Zinc as protective layer.
- The coating applied both outside and inside of the pipe thus providing both internal and external layer of protection for the iron.
- GI Pipe and Fitting usually used when the strenght of the steel is required, mostly for outdoor plumbing works.
Some of the Galvanized Malleable Iron GI Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
- Kinko Yodoshi Galvanized Iron Fitting
- MIG Maruichi Galvanized Pipe
6. Acylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) Pipe & Fitting
- Acrylonitrile Butadiene Styrene (ABS) is a common thermoplastic polymer. It's glass transition temperature is appromximately 105°C.
- The Nitrile groups being polar and attract each other and bind each other together thus making ABS stronger and sturdier than normal pure Polystyrene.
- The Styrene gives it's shiny & impervious surface.
- It is known for it's impact resistance and toughness yet is lightweight.
Some of the Acylonitrile Butadiene Styrene ABS Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
7. Ductile Iron (DI) Pipe & Fitting
- The Ductile Iron Pipe & Fitting is manufactured using cenrifugal casting in metal or resin lined moulds. The Pipe and Fittings usually coated with Internal lining of Cement Mortar and External coating of combination of Bonded Zinc, Asphalt or Water-Based Paint.
- In comparison, Ductile Iron projects a stronger strength but with similar corrosion resistance with cast iron.
- Like most ferrous material, Ductile Iron Pipe & Fitting are susceptible to corrosion, therefore it's useful life depends by the corrosiveness of surrounding soil.
Some of the Ductile Iron DI Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
- LYE Ductile Iron Pipe & Fitting
8. Cast Iron Pipe & Fitting
- Cast Iron Pipe & Fitting are the steel type that usually used to deal with high pressure applications.
- The thick wall and strength of the steel are perfect for high pressure application usually in Water Sewerage and Gas field.
Some of the Cast Iron Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
- ACI Cast Iron Pipe & Fitting
- DHI Cast Iron Pipe & Fitting
- MA Pipelines PPL Cast Iron & Fittings
9. Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC) Pipe & Fitting
- Polyvinyl Chloride or better know as PVC Pipe & Fittings are plumbing materials produced by plolymerization of Vinyl Chloride Monomer VCM.
- PVC Pipe & Fittings usually popular among plumbers as it is light, cost friendly and need low maintenance.
- It can be jointed with fittings using solvent cement or Butt-fused (heating technique) to create seamless joiting that resistant to leakage.
- Usually PVC are used for Non-Potable water and usually in grey colour differ from it's close cousin the UPVC usually in White and safer for Potable water delivery.
Some of the Polyvinyl Chloride PVC Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
- A close cousin to PVC but without plasticizer addition to it's compound.
- The lack of Plasticizer additive made it more rigid, less flexible but safer for delivering Drinking Water.
- UPVC Pipes have more smooth inner wall for smoother water flow, resist a wide range of temperatures and pressure, strong, stiff yet with cost-effective.
- UPVC Pipe and fitting are usually used in Underground, Rainwater, Sewerage and Water Line system.
Some of the Unplasticized Polyvinyl Chloride uPVC Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
- PALING Rainwater uPVC Pipe & Fitting
- PALING Underground uPVC Pipe & Fitting
- PALING EcoTech uPVC Pipe
- PALING Soil Waste and Vent System Pipe & Fitting
- Cew Sin uPVC Pipe & Fitting
- Bina Plastic Soil Waste & Vent uPVC Pipe & Fitting
- Bina Plastic Underground uPVC Pipe & Fitting
- South Asia Exact Soil Waste & Venting uPVC Pipe & Fitting
- South Asia Exact Underground uPVC Pipe & Fitting
- Chin Lean CL uPVC Pipe & Fitting
- Besstem Rainwater uPVC Pipe & Fitting
11. Copper Pipe & Fitting
- Copper Tubing is mostly used for Hot & Cold water delivery line in residences as well as refrigerant line in HVAC System.
- Copper have the most excellent corrosion resistance compared to any plumbing and piping material but over the years, the cost is becoming more expensive as the Raw Materials to produce it becoming more limited.
- Usually Copper Piping are connected using Compress or soldering technique, both are reliable and resist leakage.
- There are three main type of Copper Pipe & Fitting for consumer i.e Type K, Type L and Type M being thickest to thinnest respectively.
Some of the Copper Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
- Kembla Copper Tube Pipe
- Delcop Copper Fitting
12. Vitrified Clay (VCP) Pipe
- Vitrified Clay Pipe is a tube made from a mixture of clay and shale that been burned with high temperature to achive Vitrification, which eventually change them to hard ceramic type and water tight compound.
- VCP have a long life expectancies and resist most of industrial and domestic sewage.
- The production of VCP is really enviromentally friendly as the raw material to produce it is mainly clay as the main component.
Some of the Vitrified Clay (VCP) Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
- Sunway Keramo VCP Pipe and Fitting
13. Brass Pipe and Fitting
- Brass is a type of mettalic alloy made from mixture of Copper and Zinc.
- Brass in plumbing are used in situation where the low friction and where sparks not to be struck such as piping line near flammable or explosive materials.
- Brass Pipe and Fittings corrosive resistant plays a big roles where application for high temperature, chlorides present or deviating water qualities play a role.
Some of the Brass Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
- CPVC SCH80 Pipe & Fitting's main difference between his cousin, PVC SCH80 is the Superior Fire Resistance. When thermoplastic piping materials are selected, consideration is often given to the fire performance characteristics of the material
- Without the benefit of flame retardants and smoke inhibitors, CPVC inherently exhibits outstanding fire performance characteristics in terms of limited flame propagation and low smoke generation.
- CPVC SCH80 Ignition Resistance is 482°C, While PVC SCH80 is 399°C, for comparison, paper burn at 232°C.
- CPVC SCH80 Burning Resistance is 60 LOI (Limiting Oxygen Index), PVC SCH80 is 45.
- CPVC contains NO ADDITIVES which would provide Nutrient source for Fungi to grow.
Some of the CPVC Pipe & Fittings Available at Heap Wah Malaysia are :
Y67Y FAIZ HENSEM KACAK HEHEHE Y67Y7